3.26.2012

Potty Time Update #1

This morning we started potty training (something that I have been stressing over!) and it has been pretty good- 5 pee pees in the potty and 1 accident. It's just the beginning and I think the worst is still yet to come, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I don't think he has had the 'light bulb' moment where he identifies the need to go pee pee and links that to going to the toilet, but hopefully it will come sometime today!

I am not sure what is the 'proper' way to potty train, but we have put him in just underwear, constantly filling him up with liquids, and having him sit on the potty every 15 minutes. He is eating lunch with Matt right now and I am very apprehensive about nap time. I am not sure if we should put a diaper on him when he sleeps or not. Right now we are not going to put a diaper on (just rip the bandaid completely off) him while he sleeps, but I am definitely going to be flexible.

I don't know why I am stressing so much- hopefully it continues to go well!

No comments: