5.07.2011

Boy or Girl?!

I am sure that everyone who is reading this already knows, but on April 26th we found out what the sex is of our 2nd baby! Drum roll please!…….

It’s a girl!!!!

As mentioned in a previous post, the OB-GYN that we are seeing for this baby is different than the one that we saw for James, and he does things differently. He gave us a complimentary ultrasound at 8.5 weeks and he said that he typically finds out the sex of the baby at week 16 instead of week 20 like most doctors. So, on April 26th we went in to see if we were having a baby boy or a baby girl. I have thought from the beginning of my pregnancy that we were going to have a little girl because the pregnancy symptoms were so different (even though in hindsight I know that EVERY pregnancy will most like have different symptoms). I had mixed emotions about what sex I wanted- I wanted another boy so James could have a little boy who is close in age and his best friend, but I wanted a girl because I was nervous that I would never have a girl and I want at least one.

When we went into the room and we could see the baby on the screen, James immediately said “baby!” Throughout the entire event James was very attentive and excited. He kept saying baby every time he saw a different position of the baby. He was a little scared when they let us hear the heartbeat, and he looked up to Matt with fear in his eyes. Matt explained what the noise was and James immediately calmed down, even though I am not sure he understood exactly what a heart is.

Here is the face of the baby along with her torso:IMG_3880 

Here is her hand and arm:

IMG_3881

Here is her profile and her hand next to her mouth and nose:

IMG_3882

A little bit better picture of her profile (your can see her nose pretty well):

IMG_3883

The very left shows her spine and then in the middle are her two legs (the white lines in her legs are her bones):

IMG_3884

Here is her crotch. For those that know anatomy terms, the white lines (they are VERY small) that are right in between her legs are her labia- that is what they look for when determining if it is a girl. If they see the labia then they know for sure it is a girl:

IMG_3885

Here is her foot:

IMG_3886

1 comment:

Rachel said...

so exciting! those are some great ultrasound pictures. mine were just like- oh, here's an arm. congratulations!!