5.07.2011

Baby #2!!!

Rewind time:

In December Matt and I started discussing when we would like to have our next baby. We wanted to have a baby, but we weren't sure when would be best because we didn't know what the future held for us. At that time (in December) we were planning on going to dental school starting August 2011, but at that point we hadn't been accepted anywhere and didn't know if/where we were going to live for the next year. If Matt didn't get into dental school, we would have a lot more issues to manage, and with all of these questions, we didn't know when to try to have a baby. At the beginning of January we decided that we should just move forward in faith and not let the doubts hold us back from continuing to create our family. Around February 10th we found out that we were pregnant and we were so excited! We had previously gotten James a shirt that said, "I am the big brother". I wanted to tell our family by taking a picture of James wearing that shirt and then mailing the picture to them... but Matt couldn't wait! That day we skyped with both sides of our family and had James wear that shirt while talking to them on the computer. When both families found out they were all very excited for us. Since telling our family I, for the most part, did a horrible job of letting people know that I was pregnant. Typically people wait until they are 13 weeks pregnant before letting people know, and I let most people know when I was 16 weeks. It wasn't that I was not excited- I was thrilled and still am, but part of me just thought, "do people really care?" I know that my friends do, but those thoughts were still there.

Anyways, so blog world- we are pregnant! When I was almost 9 weeks pregnant (8 weeks and 5 days to be exact), we went in for my first prenatal appointment with a new OB-GYN. I had no idea that we were going to be able to see the baby in an ultrasound that appointment (with James we had to wait until week 20), but since this doctor had the equipment in office, we did a complimentary ultrasound! It was so fun to see the baby- at that point in the pregnancy I thought that the baby would be too small to see, but we could clearly make out the baby and even see a small part on the baby's body beating... the heart! The baby looks like a bean, but I thought it was so neat since I wasn't expecting it!

1 comment:

Eddie and Amber said...

I'm just catching up! I had no idea, we are so excited for you guys! And of course we think girls are the best. Hope your feeling good, and also congrats on graduation.