5.07.2011

18 Weeks Prego!!

Today I have been pregnant for exactly 18 weeks! I would say I really started showing about two weeks ago, but even now, depending on what I wear sometimes it just looks like I have gained weight in my tummy region. Starting last week, I can no longer put a lot of pressure on my tummy- James isn’t able to sit directly on me anymore when we read books because it hurts too much. It sounds weird, but I love these little signs that show that the baby and my uterus are growing and developing! In the past week I have also noticed that my bladder sometimes feels the pressure of the baby and I have to go to the bathroom more frequently. (Sorry if this is too much information, I just want to remember these little details for my next pregnancy). James still loves the baby! He loves giving the baby kisses and can point to the baby and say “gur” for girl.

At night we have a tradition of reading the Book of Mormon together and then kneeling on the floor for night time prayers. Lately James has been wanting to stay on the couch for prayers, but we think it is important to kneel as a family so I have started asking him, “Who do you want to sit with for prayers- mommy, daddy or baby?” He immediately jumps off of the couch and says “baby”, kneels next to the baby, folds his arms and puts his head either on my lap of tummy. I hope he stays this excited about a baby sister!

Here is the first and only (for now) picture that I have taken while I have been pregnant (I will be better about taking more pictures- that is one thing that I regretted with my first pregnancy and I want to be better!):

IMG_3879 - Copy

Just FYI: Before getting this shot Matt had taken about 5 or so other pictures but I didn’t like my smile in them. Right before snapping this picture, he said, “Just smile like you did last night” My response: “What are you talking about? Nothing happened!” (Thus the smirk on my face and my hand gesture) For anyone who knows his dad, he is definitely becoming more and more like him everyday! :)

No comments: