1.03.2012

Alaska Christmas Vacation: Christmas Eve Sledding


The Mauger Family has a tradition of going sledding on Christmas Eve. (I know that my last post was about sledding as well, but I had lots of pictures so I thought I would give it a post of its own). We decided to go at 11 am and had a blast. Brooklyn slept the entire time in the car, so Kristin, mom and I took turns watching her. James typically LOVES sledding, but he hated it this time. He did enjoy eating the snow though :) and making snow angels. When we got to the hill, Matt was the first one up and of course he had to go down the steepest part of it! I was nervous to go because I had only being sledding once before and it was a bad experience (we sledded on snow which was very icy and I got really cut up). Luckily this snow was really light and fluffy and about 2 feet deep. I went down with Matt and it was really fun! Here are some pictures:

59

James Loved eating the snow!63

Matt and I going down together:65

Matt going down by himself:70

He is a stud even in his snow gear!

71 73 78 79 84 86

James making his snow angel:91

I can’t remember why James was crying in this picture (either because he wanted hot chocolate or because he didn’t want to leave) but either way I thought the picture was memorable!

40

1 comment:

Elisse Newey said...

Oh my goodness! James is the cutest! Your little family is adorable and Alaska looked like so much fun.