8.14.2010

Texas Vacation Part Three- NATURAL BRIDGE CAVERNS!

So today we decided to go to the largest underground area in Texas- Natural Bridge Caverns! I haven't gone since I was in elementary school, and Matt and James had never been, so we thought we would check it out! Some of the pictures could have been better, but since I am still learning how to use my camera, it is a work in progress!

James with Grandpa headed to the caves!


So this is the "Natural Bridge" part of "Natural Bridge Caverns"...and of course we couldn't walked across it.


Uncle David, Uncle Adam, and Matt headed to the caves


Grandma and Grandpa Shipley with James headed to the caves


This is what the caves looked like. It was about 70 degrees with 99.99 percent humidity, so it felt much warmer. By the end of the tour James' hair was drenched!


The family minus me taking a photo


Some of the cool structures from the cave. While taking the tour I learned that the cave is still growing and throughout the walk little water droplets fell on us from these structures- crazy!


Here was a little pond from all of the water that collected!


Here is one of the bad lighting photos but I still like it


James and Dad!


Uncle Adam posing


Towards the end we had to go through a small tunnel that almost knocked out James a few times!


Outside of the cave taking a breather


The caves left James so tired that he zonked out immediately in the car.


Like father like son :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like fun! I bet it was so good seeing your family and being in Texas! I loved all of the pics, especially James sleeping-so cute!

Lauren and Brian Davis said...

looks sooo fun! i think i want to go do this with my family! james is such a cutie!