6.24.2010

Thoughts of the Day

1. Alaska has been so wonderful to us- the sun is shining, it is warm outside both day and night, and it is so nice to be here surrounded by family. We have done lots- hiking, croquet, tennis, playground, and spending time with family.There is still so much that we want to do and the summer is halfway gone! We better get on it! The zoo, an indoor water park, rafting, camping.....yay!

2. There is a festival coming up soon called Bear Paw and we a going to run a 5k. We have been training for the past month (I know- kinda pathetic that we have to train for a 5k...) and I still don't feel ready! One thing that I like about training is that I feel better about my body... now all I need is a purrrty tan. That always makes me feel WONDERFUL!!!

3. Boy oh boy do I want to go on a cruise! I really want to go on one before we start dental school, but I have so many mixed feelings about it. We have done a really good job saving money for when we are super poor during dental school, so in some ways I feel like we kind of deserve spurging just once, but then again I know we will need that money later on. Also, I have mixed feelings about bringing James or not. I don't want to be selfish but I don't know how enjoyable it would to bring him with us. Decisions decisions!

4. I sure do love SYTYCD! I wish I could dance like that, but I am sure it is hard work!

5. I really really miss outdoor pools! Kinda wierd, but with this warm weather here in Alaska, all I want to do is lay by the pool or play around in the water with the sun shining on you! Alaska only has indoor pools and the water is just too cold to enjoy it!

6. I am looking forward to visiting my family in Texas in August! I miss the hot weather too! I am excited to see my brothers and parents, and I am also excited to meet my niece that I haven't met yet! Having a little boy makes trips to see family so much more exciting because they don't get to see him as often as I would like- watch out Sea World, Fiesta Texas and Schlitterbahn- we will be there in August! Wahoo!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

My Dad really wants to take Micaela to Schliterbahn soon but he doesn't want me to go and take Brooklynn because he says it will be too hot for her. I think he forgets how many shaded areas there are at that place. And for some reason I don't believe you when you say it is warm in Alaska. Oh and I think you should wait till after dental school to splurge. Plus I don't think I could spend a week without my little ones and not cry multiple times.

Jennifer Kremer Oliva said...

Same one I have always had... since I have been like 13... lol Kremer050@hotmail.com

Janene said...

You and Matt need to vacation alone together! It's not selfish at all...you are married and all ; ) I cannot believe there aren't any outdoor pools in alaska! It makes sense but how lame. It's ridiculously hot and humid here in Texas!

Janene said...

You and Matt should cruise together! It's good for ya'll to get away and vacation together each year ; )
I cannot believe alaska doesn't have any outdoor pools!! Well, there is more than enough sun here down south for when ya'll come visit!