1.22.2009

Finally Employed!!!

This past semester was the first time in a long time that I was not employed while going to school and boy was it nice! It was a relaxing break in my life when all I worried about was school. Matt continued to work as a chemistry TA while going to school as well, in order to try to balance the monthly costs with his income.As the Christmas season came and went, we thought that it should be a good idea that if possible, I go back to work so we would have more savings when the time would come for us to be poor dental-school students raising kids. With my school schedule being full with 18 credits, it was hard to find a job that would fit around my schedule. Luckily, after a month of searching, today I got hired to work with BYU sports and dance camps as a Student Planner. Basically I, along with 8 or so other student planners, do all the behind the scenes coordination for the 116 camps that BYU puts on every summer. I am very excited to have this job because of what the job requirements entail. One of the perks of this job is that Fall and Winter semester, it is pick your own hours (up to twenty hours) and then in the summertime it is 40-50 hours. This couldn't be more perfect for what I was looking for and after two tough interviews and a hundred applicants, I am grateful to have this job!!

1 comment: