1.29.2009

Newest book We've Read: "What to Expect when Expecting"

...Because we are expecting!! We are completely thrilled to announce that we are pregnant and expecting a baby in August! The pregnancy has definitely been a roller coaster ride(for me at least!) both physically and emotionally. Matt and I found out that we were pregnant about a week before Christmas. At first I felt very overwhelmed and not prepared for this new adventure. As time went on, I was able to somewhat conquer my fear of motherhood and focus on the wonderful blessings we now have. We had to reschedule my graduation date due to a 40 hour a week, semester long internship that I will have to complete while the baby is here. We figured the details out, and now we are focusing on preparing for the baby.

This past Tuesday was our first prenatal visit which we were excited to go to. WE HEARD THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!! It was something we didn't expect to happen, so when the doctor said that we were going to hear it, I immediately felt overwhelmed with joy. I was absolutely speechless when listening to this little baby's heart- the beat was so strong and rapid, and I think that was the first time where it really hit me that I have one of Heavenly Father's children and this baby is going to call me 'mom'. It made all of the constant nausea worth it!

Currently we are on week 11, soon to be week 12. This first trimester has brought on a ton of fatigue and even more sickness. For the first half I was fine, wondering if I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get morning sickness. My luck soon ran out when I received morning sickness as a pregnancy gift, but unlike the name states, I felt sick 100% of the time while I was awake. Slowly it got worse until I was unable to keep any food down (at week 10). I then received a prescription for what I call nonvomiting medicine. It definitely helps stop my nausea except when there is no food in my stomach. It is then when I get really nauseous, and that feeling comes about once every hour and a half. It would be an easy problem to fix except for the fact that smells really bother me so therefore I have a lot of food aversions, which makes it sometimes impossible to find something I can eat that will appease my stomach AND my nose.

All and all matt has been absolutely WONDERFUL!! He does the chores that I fall behind in, is always willing to make me toast, patient when trying to find me something I can eat and all I am telling him is, "No...ew...gross...definitely not...etc." Our food bill has definitely gone up this month, and I am glad to report that the doctor says that I have gained a 'healthy' 2 pounds over the past 12 weeks.

(Sorry this blog is so long- it is more for me so I can remember certain moments and feelings when I look back and read it)

4 comments:

Jennifer Kremer Oliva said...

so this is why youve been trying to get a hold of me :) Love ya.. Call today if you can!

Jane said...

Oh I love reading about your experiences so far with pregnancy! I'm so curious about what the experience is really like. (Don't tell Alex I said that--he might get ideas..) The story about hearing your baby's heartbeat is so sweet.

Brice said...

Steph -
You need to eat lots of ice cream :) That and McDonalds french fries. They are two of the only things I never threw up :) Also - when the nausea comes, I found that sucking on some sort of candy helped (Jolly Ranchers or something that lasted a little while). Just some little things that helped me, maybe they will help you. I hope that you are feeling better though. Let's play soon ok! I am so happy for you. Call me sometime soon!

Jennifer Kremer Oliva said...

http://www.keepaboo.com/ check it out!