11.05.2011

A HUGE thank you

 

Before Brooklyn was born, I was COMPLETELY stressed about the first few weeks of her being here- how would I be able to be a competent mom for 2 children?! Would I be too tired to play with James? What would I do if James and Brooklyn woke up at the same time? How was I supposed to give both of them my undivided attention and if I couldn’t would one of them feel unloved?

I had a lot of worries about adjusting the first few weeks because when James was born it took me a while to get into the groove of things. I am so immensely grateful for both Matt’s parents and my parents who took the time (and money) out of their lives and came to help me for the first few weeks- it was so reassuring to have all of the help- giving James love and attention, helping me out with Brooklyn, cooking and cleaning, and just lending a friendly ear. I can’t explain how HUGE of a gift that was to me- during those couple weeks I was able to build up the confidence about being a mom of two- I really do think if I didn’t have them it would have been very overwhelming for me and I would have had a lot of tears shed.

So what I am trying to say is THANK YOU!

(I didn’t have any pictures of my dad while he was here, but here are the other grandparents)

IMG_4646

IMG_4705

No comments: